Department of Home Affairs


Department of Home Affairs

Department of Home Affairs has updated the travel exemption criteria. Applicants are automatically exempt from the travel restrictions and can enter Australia (without obtaining an individual exemption) if you are:


* If you hold a temporary visa or do not yet hold a valid visa for Australia, you must provide proof of your relationship (such as your marriage certificate, evidence of your de-facto relationship such as shared finances or property, your birth certificate or birth certificate for your children) to the Department before you travel to Australia. Do not travel until we advise that you can. You can find out more about how to provide this information here.

You need to carry evidence that you meet one of the above categories when travelling. Additional evidence may be requested.



Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Stay informed on latest migration related updates!